For almost 100 years, The Junior League of Roanoke Valley, (JLRV), has dedicated its membership to the improvement of the greater Roanoke Valley through direct service, advocacy, and grantmaking.
Annually, more than 125 members are trained by the JLRV to provide more than hundreds hours of direct volunteer service to more than 20 non-profit community-based agencies that share in our mission, vision, and values.
TO PARTNER WITH JLRV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To JLRV partners with community agencies in three key ways:
- Volunteer Placement
The JLRV’s hallmark is our commitment to volunteerism. Our cadre of talented and trained volunteers provides hands-on assistance to approved partners to advance ongoing community programs addressing JLRV focus areas. Since our beginning, our volunteers have contributed millions of dollars in-kind support.
- Volunteer Opportunities and Drives
The JLRV organizes and manages community volunteer opportunities and meaningful drives to fulfill critical needs in our community.
- Board Bank
The JLRVs leadership programs develop the potential of women by training them to be successful non-profit board members and by helping to match JLRV members to community agencies seeking board members with the greater Roanoke Valley. For more information, email email@example.com.
APPROVED COMMUNITY PARTNERS 2023 – 2024:
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Agape Center
- Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
- Boys and Girls Club
- Bradley Free Clinic
- Carilion Children’s Hospital
- Carilion Clinic
- Child Health Investment Partnership (CHIP)
- City of Roanoke Housing Authority
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Family Service of Roanoke Valley (FSRV)
- Feeding America Southwest Virginia
- Girls on the Run
- Good Samaritan Hospice
- Healing Strides
- Health Focus of Southwest VA
- HopeTree Family Services
- Huddle Up Moms (HUM)
- The Humble Hustle Co.
- Intrepid Hospice
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Kids Soar
- Komen Race for the Cure
- Local Environmental Agriculture Project (LEAP)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Presbyterian Community Center (PCC)
- Rescue Mission of Roanoke
- Roanoke Area Ministries (RAM)
- Roanoke County Department of Social Services
- Roanoke Public Library Foundation
- Roanoke Valley Garden Club
- Ronald McDonald House
- School Backpack Food Programs
- Turn the Page Books and Breakfast
- United Way – Rehousing Youth for Success in Education
- West End Center for Youth